With many ups and down the centre has gone through another year of providing education, food and fun for over 250 very poor street children in Antananarivo.
Some of the "ups" include:
- Many visitors and volunteers have passed through and lent their support. They came from Germany, France, Australia, Belgium,...
- Ad-hoc support from private donors and well-wishers, including Soroptimistes, and many 'friends of the center' in Tana.
- The system to foster a child (parrainage) is up, and 7 children have already found foster parents.
Some of the "downs" include:
- The land on which the center is located has been bought by a nearby company
- One of the key rice donors of the center, Secours Islamique, has withdrawn its support (for the time being) from Madagascar.
- Alex's salary from his job, with which he personally paid a great deal of the teacher's salaries, has terminated.